Friday, July 26, 2013

Jumping the gun, but it's a foregone conclusion.



And that quote belongs with this quote:


And boy do my goals SCARE me!

But you know what? They also excite me. ALOT. In fact I'd say the excitement level is HUGE.

HUGE

Maybe it's because I am on the verge of accomplishing one of my goals that I always had (I've been saying I wanted to write a book since I was in high school) but never truly believed I would do.

Crazy.

The goal wasn't even to be published.. Although that is the next goal on my to do list, it was just to write a book.  And I am almost there (Like 7 days away)

What changed?

I set a deadline, I created  a 30 before 30 list. 30 goals to accomplish before I'm 30.

 And you know what else? A lot of those goals were bull *it. I had trouble creating 30 of them, the only one that mattered, was the writing of this book. I had let the fear of failure keep me from this goal for far to long.

In the beginning the fear was deafening, there was very little excitement.

Once I started writing the fear lessened, and the excitement grew.  Now I am so freaking excited, I've got a perma-smile. NOTHING CAN KILL MY JOY!

and I do mean nothing, I've had a shitty past couple of weeks. But my writing has saved me. I channeled my negative emotions into it, and was left with joy and beauty.

Nothing feels better than reaching a goal you thought you couldn't do!

Still on step 1: Write book ( 6 day's left. Im going camping this weekend, otherwise I would probably reach the goal sooner. )

Word count: 97, 636   ( about  3,000 words to go.... I wrote more than that yesterday alone. I've so got this!)

HAVE FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment