Thursday, July 18, 2013

Gotta start somewhere.

I am a writer.

That's the first time I've said it out loud.. or wrote it down. Whatever. Semantics.

Why now?

Well tonight I have 87,372 words written in my novel. Happy dance for me. That makes it real.  I am going to finish my first book.

Is it finished, you ask? No

How much longer will it be? I'm not sure. I think it will have about another 20,000 words... I'm not even sure on the ending yet.

Ok don't bring me down. The process is pretty cool.

 I was all worried that I didn't have the book all mapped out. I attempted to a few times and even got a cool notebook  for the task. Cool notebook are always a motivator for me. 

But when I sat to write, the characters just didn't do what I told them to. Those bastards!

So then I had to go back and re write the outline... then I'd write and those people in my head would just do something else unplanned and, well you get the idea. The outline didn't work.

Tonight, I actually felt like my characters are going somewhere good. To clarify, they have been to lots of not good places, which should make for an interesting read. I know it was a blast to write. But now I can see that happy ending coming

So that's why I'm here. Writing this. Because I want to document my publishing journey. I want to have a place to put all the information I learn. And perhaps that will help someone else. At the very least it will help  me organize what I need to do.

Step 1. Finish the book   - Almost there.



  Have fun !

No comments:

Post a Comment