Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Family scares the $#!+ out of me!


I have decided that I want it.

I am afraid of pieces of it though... Lets analyze this.

I LOVE the writing, when I'm in the moment and barely feel like I'm thinking. More like translating or what is it called when a medium speaks for a ghost? I don't know, but you get the point. I love that. It's easy and its fun. And I love learning new things about my characters.

So what scares me? Other people reading it. Mainly family and friends. To everyone else I'm faceless author, or they will associate me with the picture on the book (hey I can dream that it will get that far) But I do not want my family reading it.  Then I have to face them.

I took a brave step and told some of them I am writing a book, and it didn't ease my fears. It made it worst. Now they keep teasing that I'm writing about our crazy family and they ask,  what character are they?

I am writing a book, and there are obviously pieces of my personality in it, I mean it's kinda impossible not to do so. But it has nothing to do with my family.

And thats not really my fear, that they see themselves in the book. I cant really pinpoint why them reading  scares me but  I DO NOT WANT THEM TO READ MY BOOK.

Why? I don't know.

I have to get over it though because they could possibly be the only people who read it.

On another note, you might be wondering about my book (I'm gonna go ahead and pretend people read this blog) I am writing a new adult novel. Which I need to get back to, so more details later.

Still on step 1: Write book ( 8 day's left , YIKES)

Word count: 91,768   ( about 8,000 words to go.) 

HAVE FUN!


No comments:

Post a Comment