Saturday, July 20, 2013

Bruce Lee told me I could.

" A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at." - Bruce Lee


While I do think this quote is a little bit of a cop out, I'm going with it.

I had a goal: Finish my book.

I think I need to refine it and set a deadline.

New and improved goal: I will finish my book by the end of July.

That is  (checking calendar) 12 day's away, including today.  I estimate that I have about 20,000 words left in me for this book (maybe less). So I need to average (getting calculator) 1,667 words a day....

hmm Thursday night I said I had 87,372 words completed. At the moment I have 89,938 words and I haven't written today yet (hey I've got to put in some quality time with my smalls).  So, anywho, that means I have written 2,566 words in about a day and a half. My goal seems reasonable.  YES, GO ME.

SO I have something to aim at... I think  I can completely hit this target, but if I miss a little and I have to go into August then so be it, Thanks Bruce Lee for forgiving me my failures and letting me procrastinate :)

But I wont. I don't need a failure plan, cause my book will be done in 12 days. Then I will be an official author, weather the world reads it or not.  I will have completed a goal and that's an awesome feeling.

 STEP 1: Finish book - nearly there, 12 days away maximum.


Word count: 89,938

 

HAVE FUN !

No comments:

Post a Comment