Friday, August 30, 2013

Review: Before Now by, Cheryl McIntyre

Book Blurb

Park Reed is a bastard in every sense of the word. He hasn't always been this way. But after his heart was broken by the only girl he ever loved, being heartless gets him through the day and allows him to fill his nights with the nameless girls he has no intentions of seeing again. He now lives his life following his ever-growing list of “life lessons.”

Lucy Braden is everything Park is not. She’s sweet, caring, and an all-around nice person. She tries to follow Lucy's Rules to Live By everyday.

When Park moves in with Jessie, which happens to be the floor below Lucy, Jessie's one stipulation: Lucy is off limits to Park. The problem with that is Lucy is determined to be a good friend to Park and see past the drinking and random girls to find the man beneath it all. The other problem: Park follows his own rules.

My Review:

Fair warning: This book was the second in a series, but about side characters. I didn't read book one. What can I say, I'm a rule breaker. I don't think it mattered, but maybe I'm completely wrong, maybe it made all the difference.

OH, this is going to be a mess.
Let's start with the easy:
  • The writing: 5 Stars! I loved being in Park's head. And Lucy wasn't bad either. I liked the author's style. Period.
Now for the not so clear:
  • Story Line: Started off 4 stars, but then dropped to 2. I think a novella would have sufficed for this couple. The last part didn't grow the characters; I'm done reading once they are grown.
  • AND it included things I hate but don't want to spoil the story. Just know they are really in love at 19 and 20 and are prepared to spend forever together.... I am teaching my children to not get married till they are 30. Damn, was that too much? Did I give it away?
Would I recommend you read this story... Nope. BUT I will be reading future books by this author, and possibly even part 1 of this series, because the writing style is great!

HAVE FUN




No comments:

Post a Comment